I was inspired to alter this go round for some reason. Not like altered projects but altered supplies. I painted, I inked, I misted, I masked, I sewed...I basically went nuts. And here are the results.
For the cards above I stamped on some vellum (I know you have some laying around from back when it was "in"), stitched it on the blue patterned paper, punched out some scallops from from the stripe paper and cut some flowers out of another patterned paper and presto! A precious gift! Super quick and easy.
For the "Yummo" layout took two of the big bracket stickers and placed them where I wanted my title to be. Then I sprayed some brown Maya mist over the page and lifted the stickers. This was a great masking technique that I highly recommend! Plus now I have some cool "aged" looking brackets to use on another layout. I also wanted bold yellow letters for this layout. Since the letters in the kit were blue, I took out a yellow paint marker and just painted them...then Stitched them on the layout.
Next is a layout that is currently featured on Scrapjacked.
For this one I used the background of the letter stickers as a mask. I pealed the background off of the sheet and used the entire sticky background part (leaving the letters themselves stuck to the backing of the slick package. Then I stuck the background onto my page and sprayed Maya mist over it and pealed it off. I LOVE this technique...you will see this over and over on my layouts I'm sure! You MUST try it. It's so easy and the results are so graphic and bold!
More sewing love here...