Monday, June 8, 2009

Normally I bring the potato salad...

But not to this picnic! Here are my pages...
On this page I cut out opening in the center of my patterned paper to form a frame and stitched some regular velumn to the backside for some added dimention and interest. Then I sewed the torn rectangle of patterned paper on top of that. It gave great interest to an otherwise flat layout.

Now for this layout and the next one, I got a little glimmer mist crazy but I love the results! I used the back of the diecut paper as a mask to make the design on the white cardstock.
Same here, I used the back of the diecut "Family" title piece as a mask and sprayed the glimmer mist right over it to make the design on the brown cardstock.
I also only inked the word "memories" on the Heidi Swapp stamp and used it as part of my title. Another way those stamps can go a long way! I even used my bling to the best of it's ability...I cut it up and used it as an eye for my little birdie!
Now these next two pages could be considered a two page layout if I did two page layouts! LOL!
For the title, I didn't have enough of the letters I wanted so I used the letters as a stencil for the word "Baby" and just outlined them then used the actual letters for the word Beach.
And it's hard to tell...but in the little scalloped design I cut out with a border punch, I put the little stones from the bling. I'll have to take a closer up picture for you for my next post. I have some more fun projects planned for this kit so check back later!

Hope you are having fun with your picnic!

No comments: